Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THANK YOU!!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped us! When Lainey was born and people were like, "Do you need help?" I said no. I think this was because I felt like I should be able to do everything. even though I really should have accepted help. So, lesson learned when people asked this time, I answered honestly, yes! And I am so grateful for everything. Sometimes its hard to admit that we need anything and that we can't do it all. I'm not sure if its pride or if its not wanting to put others out or if its a little of both, BUT . . .

Danya: I really did need that Ice Cream. It doesn't fix everything, but it sure makes me feel better. And thanks for planning to visit Brian. You didn't get to, but it was REALLY nice that you were going to. THANK YOU

Jason: Taking Butch to the hospital while he coughed his germs all over you and your truck. Then taking my sad baby home with you and watching my kids for two days. AND getting Lainey to feed Annie fishey crackers (amazing feat). THANK YOU

Jackie: I really did need my house cleaned! I don't think its been this clean since I moved in. And loving my kids when I'm not there to do it myself AND listening to me (all the time, not just this time . . . VT-ing--check!) THANK YOU

Ann and Mark: Bringing me dinner when you called for computer help? THANK YOU

Sherri and Corisa: I really did need that mac-n-cheese, enchiladas, tortellini, chicken, brownies, bread. YUMMY!!! And letting me postpone YW in excellence? THANK YOU

Shauna and Lisa: Gourmet salad (strawberries aren't even in season . . . how'd you find those?), garlic bread, manicotti (where the shells weren't ripped to shreds like when we make it--I'm impressed), tricked-out chex cereal, and cookies. THANK YOU

Kim: Hello, Taco Shop! Need I say more?!??! (Anyone who knows me knows that's always a dream come true . . . sad but true) Plus homemade cookies . . . I mean actually homemade, not the refrigerator kind (which is the only kind I "make") Delish!!! THANK YOU

Barbara: A delicious sub, and chips and the bigggest chocolate bar I have ever seen? THANK YOU

VanJindelts: A delicious plate of treats. (You know how I love the VanJindelt treats! I never want to miss a sharing time in primary when they are in charge!)THANK YOU

Dave and Craig: Missing Priesthood (what a sacrifice) to visit Butch in the hospital and calling me a couple of days later to make sure everything was okay? THANK YOU

Ronnie and Amber: Being willing to take our girls any day, any time and listening me talk her ear off while I drove to Riverside. Amber even offered that Ronnie could come and check for Tortilla if I needed him too. THANK YOU

In summary: THANK YOU to everyone who helped us and who remembered our family in their prayers. I really could NOT have done it without you guys, even though I would have pretended really well. Butch thanks you all too--he was so worried about us and he had a lot of stress released knowing that "his girls" were being taken care of.

2 comments:

Danya said...

I was so relieved when Butch was released. Nothing is worse then staying in the hospital! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I'm so calling you today after class because I can't take it anymore, I need to talk to you to be sure you really are ok and this isn't a ploy to keep fantastically annoying people like me away!

SG said...

You have great friends! And thank heavens for the ward family. You are all great for taking care of my sister and her fam because you know had I been there I'd have done it but a billion miles away makes a person kind of helpless.