Sunday, October 19, 2008

Frienemies

Lainey has a lot of "frienemies" (friend-enemies). She loves them, but she's always fighting with them too. I would think this was just a little too bad if it weren't all her imaginary friends. She is always fighting with them. They don't share, especially Brookie. Yesterday Brookie was playing with Lainey's phone. (also imaginary) Lainey did not want to share so she told on Brookie and snatched the phone away violently. I had to scold Lainey for this and told her to share with Brookie and made Lainey give the phone back. Then she had to ask nicely for the phone. Its weird to scold your child for not sharing an imaginary phone with her imaginary friend. I know that kids are supposed to go through a phase of imaginary friends, but aren't they supposed to get along?

In the car Swiper and the Witch are always causing mayhem. How many times have I had to send them out of the car and back to their mom's? And, if I have to remind them to put their seat-belts on one more time . . . well I don't know what I'll do.

Yesterday imaginary Jordan was in the bathroom with Lainey. Apparently Jordan picked up some of Lainey's poo. Here's the conversation I hear "Jordan, we don't pick up poop! That's gross!!! You silly goose!"

Should I be worried? At least we know she's got some Arceneaux blood in her . . . not that the Arceneaux's talk to imaginary voices, but that poop talk. That's Arceneaux through and through! (Sorry mom--I know you don't do poop talk . . . but you do talk to imaginary voices, right?!)

1 comment:

JBSquared said...

That is quite a list of imaginary friends! So they may have their issues, but at least she's popular! :)