Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Roasting Marshmallows

Well besides inheriting bug poison, watercolor paints, candles, spray paint, condiments, a TV, lots of laundry baskets, trees, kitchen decor, an ice cream maker, and many other wonderful things from Shandee and Ryan when they moved, we also inherited a fire pit. A couple of nights ago Papa put it to use and he and Lainey roasted marshmallows. We had to borrow skewers from Grandpa and Emi and Grandpa asked if we were just going to roast the marshmallows or if we were planning on eating them too. "Those will rot your guts faster than anything." (I always love dad's "rot your teeth/guts" quotes . . . I really do). Anyway, yes, they ate them, but rest assured they each only roasted and ate one marshmallow. Lainey was quite traumatized by the whole thing when her marshmallow caught on fire. I was putting Adria to bed so I missed it, but I would have really liked to get a picture of her crying with a fire marshmallow. That would have been classic.

1 comment:

SG said...

How fun! And yes, dad's rotting quotes are great!