Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Paci-Fairy
We have wanted to get Lainey to give up her beloved pacifiers for a long time. I have recently had some talks with her about it. One talk went like this
Mom: Lainey, what would you think about giving all your paci's to Adria?
Lainey: Um (thinking really hard) yeah, I'll choose one for her. (it was the ugly yellow one she chose btw)
Mom: No, all your paci's
Lainey: Um, yeah, I'll keep one-I'll go find it!
So reasoning with her didn't work so well. Then there was the night when she was sucking on a finger and I asked why. "Its my paci!" she said with a devious look on her face.
Well, it finally happened last night. Papa and Lainey went to get the mail and the paci-fairy had mailed Lainey a letter stating that if Lainey would mail all her paci's to the paci-fairy (so she could give them to new little babies who need paci's) then she would leave Lainey a magical surprise. In the envelope with the letter were some colored streamers. when Lainey saw the streamers she screeched with joy, "Look, a fiesta!!!" (Thanks Dora . . . on Sunday when I asked her which dress she wanted to wear she pointed at one and I said, "Oh, the red one?" and she said, "No mom, its rojo." And how many times does she have to pretend she is stuck in the closet between the wall and the sliding door while yelling "ayúdeme"?)
First Lainey had to find all her paci's which the paci-fairy had scattered all over the back lawn. Then she put them all in an envelope and put it in the mailbox.
When she came back in, sure enough there was a magical surprise on her bed--a bear that lights up and a magical wand that turns the bear on and off and a book! What a great trade-off!
Lainey said about her bear, "I love this so much--its my favorite animal of all!" She wasn't as happy an hour later when without her paci it was time for bed. There was a lot of sadness and mom cuddling and loving but eventually she fell to sleep. She never said her sadness was due to the lack of a paci though--she jsut said she was sad, but why? "Nothin" was her answer, "just sad."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is way too funny! You are the best paci planner EVER! I'm sure you could pull off a great Halloween party whiles I'm gone . . . Good luck Lainey-Loo
That is the sweetest story! I love the paci-fairy!
You could make a bundle dressing up and visitng all the houses of your friends, by the way. I know lots of moms who would pay for this service. Not to mention the kick of seeing you dressed as the paci-fairy. Think about it. :)
Post a Comment