Today Lainey's school had a "welcome fair" where we got to see her room, meet her teachers, and play. It was a lot of fun and most importantly Lainey DID NOT want to leave! In fact, when we did need to leave she wouldn't come so we used the ever so popular, "Okay, we'll just leave you here then and get you later!" That usually sends her into a "Wait, Wait, WAIT!!!" panic, but not this time. This time it was, "Okay, I'll just see you later!"
Here she is playing with the kitchen toys in her classroom. Adgey loved those too!
Here Lainey is with her teachers, Miss J and Miss R.
This picture is HUGELY important because she was so happy with them. She gave them 5, hugged them, and let Miss J pick her up and hold her to take the picture! That warms a mommy's and daddy's hearts like nothing else!
We then went out to the playground! I didn't get any pics of Lainey because she was so busy running from place to place to place--sliding down slides, driving in cars, riding trikes (they even have a tandem trike . . . with a wagon on the back . . . now that's cool!) If I could have recorded her voice it would have been squeals of joy and "Whoopee! Whoopee! Yahoo! Yippee!!!!!"
Adria found this Fire Truck and couldn't be torn away from it!

She pushed herself around like (Fred Flinstone) for a few minutes until she realized that it would be MUCH easier to do it this way!
She just ran and ran like this until the truck's speed got the best of her and she fell down while the truck ran her over a little. She didn't care though . . . just climbed right back in!

Overall, we had a GREAT time and it was especially great for me, the mom.
Sending Lainey to school is a tough thing for me . . . especially since my first day and her first day are the same. I wish I could be with her when she goes, but its probably better not having me there trying to stay strong! After all, she has loads of mo-jo when she's with Daddy. Seeing her SOOOOO happy and wanting to stay made me feel MUCH better!
We then went out to the playground! I didn't get any pics of Lainey because she was so busy running from place to place to place--sliding down slides, driving in cars, riding trikes (they even have a tandem trike . . . with a wagon on the back . . . now that's cool!) If I could have recorded her voice it would have been squeals of joy and "Whoopee! Whoopee! Yahoo! Yippee!!!!!"
Adria found this Fire Truck and couldn't be torn away from it!
Overall, we had a GREAT time and it was especially great for me, the mom.
Sending Lainey to school is a tough thing for me . . . especially since my first day and her first day are the same. I wish I could be with her when she goes, but its probably better not having me there trying to stay strong! After all, she has loads of mo-jo when she's with Daddy. Seeing her SOOOOO happy and wanting to stay made me feel MUCH better!
2 comments:
How fun! She's gonna love it and you'll be happy you did it. And when you get home on Tuesday you can celebrate together both your first days of school!
That's so great she is so excited to go! I'm sure it's killer to have to let go but she's going to be so happy! <3
Post a Comment