Tomorrow is Adria's first birthday!
With Lainey we had a million nicknames from the get go. Adria didn't really have any until recently. She's Adge or Adge-y. Lainey came up with that. Daddy calls her Badger. That stems from me calling her Adria-Badria, Lainey calling her Adge, and, as daddy says, "She's mean like a badger."
Our two-tooth wonder:
Adria is currently working on a third tooth-top teeth this time. She is NOT happy about this!
Adria has quite a list of pre-one-year-old accomplishments . . .
Peek-a-Boo
Peek-a-Boo
She's not completely coordinated with covering her eyes, but she's doing pretty well.
Answering Questions
She is also learning the art of saying yes and no to questions. This provides us with hours of entertainment. She's like an 8-ball--we are never quite sure what the answer will be.
Lying
Our sweet Adria is daring . . . she loves to climb and on Sunday she took a nose-dive off Lainey's princess desk. As if the face plant wasn't enough, she also rug-burned her nose.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Adria . . .
It seems like just yesterday that I was tumbling on my pregnant belly trying to save Lainey from a broken vase.
As I look at the differences between Adria's and Lainey's personalities, I often think of this great and marvelous fall. It happened about a month before she was born. Every time I reminisce about "the incident" I wonder, "If I hadn't kneed her in the head, would she be just as quiet and obedient as her big sister? Would she not laugh at me (and continue on with her business) when I tell her 'no' as if the word 'no' is the funniest joke she's ever heard?" I think that maybe when "the incident" occurred she was like, "Oh no you din't! You wanna play it like that? Bring it old lady!" (And, to be clear, it HAS been brought!)
Regardless of what has made Adria the Adria that we know, we sure do love her! Even with all her assertiveness, she is so funny and sweet. While in this, her first year of life, she has definitely let us know when we weren't living up to par, she has also shown undeniable sweetness by giving hugs and cuddles (something Lainey never did), and LOTS of open mouth kisses. She talks up a storm (though its all babble, except for the occasional "hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi"), and makes us smile and laugh everyday.
We sure do love our Adria-Badria/Adgey-Baby/Badger very much!
2 comments:
That was a darling recap and made me feel like a jerk for not doing better on my own blog about my own kiddos. Man, I gotta repent.
Borrrrinnngggg.
Post a Comment