Well, it finally happened . . . Lainey had her first official day of school.
AND SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!
Daddy said that drop off was fine--she ran right to her teacher and didn't whimper or cry or need him one bit! What a relief.


When I arrived to pick her up I was a little bit early. I came in and she didn't notice me. Miss J saw me though and told me I could just sit and watch. For about 10 minutes she was completely oblivious to my presence. She was busy building towers and walls with wooden blocks. There was a block that was a little man and when she would build a very tall tower and get that block guy to stand on it Miss J would say, "You balanced it!" and she would do a little air jump and squeal with delight. For a mommy, that brought me pure joy!
I am pleased to say that much to my surprise, I didn't cry when I had to leave my babies this morning. Partially because I knew that wouldn't be a good thing for Lainey, but also because I knew she would be safe and loved at school and I was right!
But, also to my surprise, as Lainey and I were leaving to go home this afternoon, I told Miss J thanks for everything and then I DID start to cry . . .Aaaeeeert? What's that about? I do not cry except in the company of a very few number of people (my mom, my sisters, and Butch . . . darn you family!) But I just couldn't help it--I was so appreciative of them and all the hard work they put in to making things okay for these kids (and their parents)!
When we got home, I opened her "lunch pack" to clean it out and I found this . . .
Lainey did share some highlights of her day with us later . . .
1. Her feet and hands were painted and prints were made on paper.
2. They sang "I know a man who's good to us and Jesus is his name-o. J-E-S-U-S . . . " Yep, you heard it here first B-I-N-G-O: religion style! I can't wait until she requests this song in primary!
3. She not only laid down for nap, BUT she slept . . . what?!?!?! That's unheard of!
I am so glad that things went so well--it has made a very nervous mommy into just a kinda nervous mommy! (This mommy ain't never gonna not be nervous . . . its in my blood!)
4 comments:
How fun! I'm so glad she liked it, I knew she would. Also?? Really?? If you leave a note in one of your students lunch packs, I think you'd get fired. CREEPY!! So don't feel guilty or nervous about that one. AND, at least YOU don't cry ugly . . .
I feel exactly the same about Kyara! So happy she is in a good, safe place where I know she'll grow. And then, in quiet, I cry like a baby. It's a mom thing, and it never goes away!
I have a goal of joining the small circle of people that you can cry with.
I love Lainey. I am glad she loves school and teacher.
I also love your younger daughter.
Aw Lainey is getting so big! Her hair is sooo long and fancy!!! Her preschool looks way cute, I am so glad she likes it :)
Post a Comment