You know how kids love to hear stories? Sometimes they want fairy tales with castles, princes and princesses. Sometimes they want scary with ghosts and dragons. And sometimes they want to hear about when mommy and daddy were "little just like me." Today was one of those days.
Today at breakfast Lainey says, "Mom, remember when I was really sick and I kept throwing up?"
Me: "Yeah, I remember that and why are you talking about this?"
She wasn't sure why she was talking about it, but then she says, "Mom, can you tell me a story about when you were little?"
I say, "What kind of story? A funny story? A sad story? A scary story?"
She replies, "A story of when you were a little kid and you threw up."
So, I told her a story about me throwing up and she was happy. What a weird little girl!
For those of you wondering what story I chose about throw-up . . . I chose the one when all 5 of us were sick at once and there weren't enough throw-up buckets so mom gave us a couple big buckets to share. Now that's gross. Maybe that's not really how it happened, but that's how I remember it. Ahh, what a sweet story that I have now shared with all of you. Sweet dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment