Lainey hasn't had a bath in about a year and a half. Adria never. This is because Lainey started to get UTI's and it was drama so I just gave up on bath time and went to shower time. However, about two weeks ago something triggered Lainey's remembrance of baths and she had her re-first. She loved splashing around and pretending to swim. Adria even got in on the action.
Well, I think Lainey learned a thing or two about baths.
1. They are super fun! Everyday she comes to me and says, "Mom, I am SOOOOOO dirty! Just look at my arm! I really need a bath!!!" or, "Mom, I am stinky, I need a bath!"
and
2. All you need for a bath is a "pool" of water. . . . enter the toilet.
I think that most kids realize that you can pull a lever in the sink and it makes it so you can fill the sink with water and splash all around . . . but that takes work. There is one thing in the bathroom that takes no work--the toilet. Hello--pool of water all ready to go.
Lainey has been taking rather long to "do her business" lately. Yesterday I went to help her wash her hands and the toilet seat was soaked. I wondered what that meant. I asked if she did that and she said "Yes." I hoped that just meant that she had very forceful pee that made water splash up (a lot) on the seat.
Later it was time for her to shower so she was using the bathroom beforehand. It was again taking a really long time (so long I almost fell asleep). So I went to inspect. There she is, her arms in the toilet up to her elbows! The horrifying part? She had already USED the toilet (an no, there was not a flush)! There were toilet paper pieces swirling all around and sticking to her arms and hands! What the?!?!?!?!?!
Lainey explained to me as she pointed at the shower/bath, "Bath for my body." and then pointing at the toilet, "Bath for my hands." Like so many things that sounds good on [toilet] paper, but at least play in the unused water!
I asked her if she was doing this elsewhere like at her babysitters? "Yep!" she proudly said. Then I asked where she learned it from, hoping that the boys at babysitting taught her this and that she didn't come up with it on her own (sorry Lorinda) but she proudly answered, "I learned it all by myself!" Wow, what a proud mother I am!!! Some people's kids discover world changing inventions . . . my daughter discovers that you can play in used toilet water and stir used toilet paper around and around!
We had a LONG talk about this and daddy sternly laid down the "no playing in the toilet, especially after you GO in it" law! (Does this compare to "no poop and pee on the walls"?)
6 comments:
OH my! lol that is so funny! The worst thing to me is toilet messes! If there are any such messes bret is the one to clean them up! I'm sure you were horrified! lol well hopefully this matter is taken care of and won't happen again! well until Adria gets a little older and discovers the fun of a toilet...lol
Yep! HAHAHAHAHA! Sounds like she's taking after our brothers.
Hurl...... my kids have done that too. Gavin even drank out of it. Luckily it wasn't used. Kids are so disgusting sometimes ;)
This post alone made me re-think ever having kids.... good job Tara....
lol
So cute! Your girls are just too adorable, but you already knew that huh?;> Great stories, oh to be in a childs brain??? what are they thinking?
I really liked your post, but I couldn't finish it because it was really long. And, I am in a hurry. Good job, though. Something about baths and toilets? Cute kids.
Post a Comment