Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's 1:42 AM . . . Do you know where your dinner is?

"Cause I know where Lainey's is . . . and its not in her tummy, that's for sure.

Hello all, its 1:45 am now. Good times. So, I went to bed last night at about 9:30 pm. I was SOOOOO tired! As I lay in bed, I fretted (surprising, I know). I fretted once again about that earthquake and the "big one." (Too bad I didn't read JD's post before I went to bed . . . for those of you who missed it, here it is . . . "Earthquakes are nothing to be scared of as long as you use some common sense. Just teach Lainey what Alison taught you - If you wake up to an earthquake just stay in bed and wait for the shaking to stop, then go back to sleep.") If I had read that, then I wouldn't have fretted so much. Anyway, so back to my fretting. I fretted and felt nervously scared and then I fell to sleep. Well, about an hour ago, I was awoken to Lainey's screams. (She hasn't woken me up for two nights so this was a big deal.) Another scary dream? No. Did her "best friend the witch" do something? Nope. My greatest fear has once again come to pass . . . you got it . . . Lainey "spit it." And she spit it good. Do you think it has been lost on me that it was a year ago last week that Lainey spit it for the first time? Oh no, I have remembered with clarity for a week now. So, on the couch her and papa sit watching Shrek III while mama finds anything else to do than to be near her. What a horrid mom I am! She's laughing and giggling while papa is making jokes and loving her. Dang you "spit it"!

JD, you got any advice for that?

2 comments:

J.D. Park said...

You know how your mom would tell you Scott's pee wasn't gross, that it was "sweet pee"? Well, the same principle applies here. It's just "sweet vomit". Of course this only works for mothers. Mothers have a special ability to deal with such things. When I have to clean up "spit up" I gag and heave and nearly add to it, while Alison can clean it up like it is just some spilled milk.

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

TARA!!! My long lost friend. I'm so glad you found me. I lost your email and have been trying to find you once again. I'm adding you to my contacts on my blog if that's ok!