Monday, November 03, 2008
You're Always Number One in the Eyes of your Kids, right?
One nice thing about having kids is that to them you are number one . . . at least until they figure out that you are just a normal person. They think you are the prettiest/handsome-est; you are the strongest, smartest, funniest, etc, etc. Its nice to have someone think so highly of you all the time . . . unless Lainey is your daughter. Last night Grandpa was teasing me and I asked Lainey, "Lainey, who's smarter? Me or Grandpa?" (That'll show him!). She though for a minute and answered, "Emi." Wait, what? I'm number one--that's the rule of motherhood. I asked her again, surely she must not have understood the question. This time she answered, "Me, I am." Okay, third times the charm . . . her answer, "Grandpa." And that was the answer she stuck with. Oh well, maybe next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAHA I think it goes through a cycle. When I was a kid my mom was the prettiest and my Dad knew EVERYTHING. When I was a teen, I was the prettiest and my Dad knew nothing. Now, (as much as I hate to admit it) my parents are still the best and most knowledgable about everything.
Why do you think she didn't pick me? Dang it, she's forgotten me hasn't she?!
Post a Comment