Monday, February 16, 2009

WHAT?!?!?!! No meetings?

I know, miracle of miracles, I actually have a true holiday today without meetings for school. Its truly an amazing day. Anyway . . .

Lainey has been dying for Emi to come over and play RockBand 2 on the Wii with her. Since Emi had a day off today too, she agreed to come and play for an hour or so.

Well, here's how it went. Lainey alone on the drums got through the whole song. She had a 3 note streak and got 18% accuracy. Pretty good considering that when Emi and I played together we couldn't even make it through a song. I played the guitar, her on the drums--no good. So we switched, still no good (though Emi has some sweet moves on the guitar!) I think our best was that we got 56% through a song until we were boo'd off the stage. Lainey was very disappointed in us as she explained that when we lose, we all lose, including her!

We moved onto the Wii Fit where we laughed at Emi's hulahooping and slalom skiing skills. And we agreed that while Wii Fit is entertaining, its nothing to take to heart. We came to this conclusion when Lainey hopped on and was given a rating of overweight and a Wii fit age of 28.

Lastly Emi played Big Brain Academy. Its fun to watch mom play these games because she gets so into them--talking to the remote and TV. Every time she pressed "A" she'd say "Boom!" She did pretty good for her first time--ended up with a score of C--. I am only at C++ and I can't seem to get away from it.

It was a lot of fun to play the Wii with mom and Lainey today. It made me glad, once again, that at Christmas time (as the Goulding's can attest) we went a little crazy at Walmart buying Wii gear.

Hey mom, next time we have some time off (like in April), you up for a game of American Idol?

1 comment:

SG said...

Shoot! That does sound like fun! I would so love to watch mom do those things, funny funny. And we love American Idol. Matt and Meg sing all the time and now they "play" "Kid Idol" in the snow in the front yard after school. Andrea (their friend next door) even made golden tickets for Hollywood (on gold cardboard that looks really fancy!)and Matt is Simon . . . but they say he's nice.