Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm Not One of Those Parents Who . . .

. . . is overly anal about my kids matching perfectly (which is weird since I was a child who WAS overly worried about matching perfectly--I sometimes purposely wore two different socks just to incorporate as much matching as possible.) Anyway, I like how kids dress when they dress themselves. I wish I could just wear whatever suited my fancy and not worry what others will think or say (Joe). Shandee says I will eventually have to put some rules into place so she doesn't get made fun of . . . but as my children (and without Shandee's brutal honesty) its bound to happen anyway. So, here's Lainey ready for church one day. I fixed her hair and then she ran away to put on her crown, the finishing touch. She was beaming as she announced that she was a princess. And to round out her look, she had to wear the Lee-Lee shoes and on the wrong feet.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought this was a family oriented blog. You can't talk about your "fancy" on here!

Danya said...

I can already tell you that I am going to be a matching Nazi with my kids. I am traumatized by some of the picture my mom pulls out. I am BLOWN AWAY at the things she let me walk out of the house in as a kid! But then again it was the 90's so whatever.

SG said...

Ummmmmm, looks like I need to come back home and fix a few things . . .