Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine's Post to Rival Danya's

Fourteen years ago right now, Butch and I sat on the curb of 7-11 eating Nachos covered in squirty cheese and squirty chili. It was at this time that he told me that his crush on me had faded and he had met the most awesome girl in the world. When I reminded his that I was the most awesome girl in the world, he changed his statement to saying he met the most awesome girl in the universe. It was this little jealousy trickery that won my heart!

11 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Ha ha, I can just hear it now! Hope you both had a great Valentines Day or at least managed to get away without the kiddos! Gosh 2 girls, what, are you copying us or something LOL!

Tara said...

Copying you? Well, I have to admit that yes, we are! I just keep my fingers crossed that Butch will be called as Bishop. Man, that'd be a dream come true.

SG said...

Mmmmmmmmm, nachos!

J.D. Park said...

Maybe it is an Arceneaux thing, because the jealousy trickery was the key for me with Alison as well. She showed no interest in me until she found out I had another girlfriend with whom things were getting serious. Of course I didn't, it was just a multi-week practical joke that Kevin and I played on the rest of our friends. But that did the trick. It was the best joke I have ever played.

SG said...

But was all the mileage you and Alison put on mine and Mendi's couch trickery J.D.? I don't think so!

Tara said...

Wait, wait, wait . . . JD, I am fairly certain that I was your girlfriend before Alison. Are you saying that our relationship was all part of the trickery? I really thought we had something special . . . until you started scoring with Alison, of course.

Unknown said...

My dad taught me the worse you treat women, the more they'd want you! Here's a little known fact, at the time (14 years ago) Tara only went out with me so she could get closer to my roommate. In the end I think she'd agree that she made the right choice.

Danya said...

HAHAHAHA You may have more years on me but mine was may more romantic. At least my husband was expressing his love for me that night and not another woman! LOL JK

And wait what? You only dated Brian to get close to his roomate? Nice of you to ommit that from your little story!!!!!!!!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh!!!! no, I didn't date him to get close to his roommate. I met him cause i was trying to get close to his roommate. Nice job Butch making me look lame! Just like that maxi-pad comment he posted under my name . . .

J.D. Park said...

Tara, our relationship was not part of the trickery. We will always have Loma Linda. But when presented the opportunity to date the awesomest girl in the universe I couldn't pass it up.

Shandee, any hypothetical mileage put on a couch would obviously have to come after she took an interest in me, which I clearly explained came after the trickery, so your comment seems gratuitous. Also, the official Park family history states that Alison and I first kissed over the alter. I don't see how to reconcile that with your account. You must be mistaken.

SG said...

Uh . . . yeah, she sure took "interest" in you. That was made manifest on our COUCH at the apartment down by the RB . . . lest you forget so soon. "First Kiss at the alter" . . . pu-shaw! But, we thought you two love birds were cute and I learned some good moves from you both . . . hahahahahah!!!

One day when I'm at your house I'll correct your family history for you in your book so that your posterity can read the real truth.