Sunday, February 15, 2009
Meals on Wheels
My mom is a good lady. Every Thursday she brings my family dinner. She calls it Meals on Wheels (except when she texts me about it on my phone--then she calls it MOWS. Its really confusing when you get a text from your mom saying "Be ready for MOWS today, oh yeah." I"m happy that she's embracing the whole text thing, but I did explain to her that you can's just abbreviate everything.) Anyway, on this day it was a cold day and she rushed over to bring me food. Well, when she got here, this is what she was wearing.
She was so embarrassed and tried to hide it, but I insisted on a picture. She tried to remove her shoes so no one would know her fashion faux-pas, but I insisted on capturing her in the moment. My fear is that we'll see her soon wearing a full body jumpsuit with a pair of nylons hanging out of one leg and socks and shoes like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm staring at the picture, and I just don't see anything wrong!
BUTCH!!!?!?!?! Sad, but true Butch is a socks and sandals wearer . . . and he's not a closet socks and sandals wearer. He's openly proud of it . . . and he tries to convince our daughter its the way to go.
all i can say is Roflol!
When my Dad started the old man socks and sandals phase a couple years ago, Kevin and I sat him down and had a family home evening about not wearing socks and sandals. We even broke out blown up pictures and flow charts about how uncool it was (sorry butch). He still refused to either just wear sandals or stick to tennis shoes because he said his feet get dirty when just wearing sandal and tennis shoes don't "breath" at all.
Since then Kevin and I have probably spent a couple hundred on tennis shoes that are supposed to "breath" well. Every father's day, christmas, and birthday we get him a new pair because we refuse to let him in family pictures with that old man fashion.
And think of it this way, at least she is matchin!
Okay, I have a picture of a girl wearing a jumpsuit (with heels) at disneyland. My $300 piece of crap phone broke but I should be able to get the pictures off it sometime this week. Oh man... it's gonna be good!
Hey, not bad. I wouldn't care if my mom came in the buff if it meant she was bringing food. What a nice mom. Thanks for the texting rules too cause I think I abrvt evrthg everything HAHA MOWS
Like Butch, I have no problem with socks and sandals...as long as both are clean.
Let's admit it. We ALL wear socks with sandals sometimes. It doesn't make it right but it does prove that at times California can be a little cold and if it's not? Then at times our floors can be a little dirty. Mom's funny . . . I see her dressed like that ALLLL THE TIME!
Oh, and Butch also wears WHITE socks with DRESS shoes. Hmmmmmmmmm, what's that say about him . . .
And I often have to dress Ryan . . .
Post a Comment