Friday, August 15, 2008
Do they look alike?
I had a plan for my whole life to bring a permanent marker with me to birth so that when the baby came out I could draw a quick line on them . . . that way I would know that it was really my baby. I mean who else thinks to draw on their newborn with a permanent marker . . . genius I know.
With Lainey I didn't need the marker since she never left my side. However, with Adria I should have been more prepared. They took her away for at least an hour and all I had seen of her up to that point was a leg when they held her up above the sheet that blocked my view (I swear they were holding her by one leg . . . but that could have been the drugs talking (spinal blocks are nice!)
So when they finally brought her back to us and I saw that dark hair, I was concerned that someone pulled a switch-a-roo.
So here are some pics of our two babies . . . do you think we made it out with our baby? Or should I have markered her up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That second one totally reminds me of Butch! I think you got the right baby. :) She's adorable no matter who she belongs to for real. lol
I'm so glad you let me into your blog world. Adria's beautiful...I'm sure she's yours, but who's this Butch guy? What happened to Brian? I like the marker idea though...I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if Charlotte got switched out at birth, she doesn't look like me at all.
That's definitely a relative of Lainey and Butch. You? I'm not sure, but definitely them. Check out those big B&L lips!
I need to see the soft spots to compare.
Post a Comment