So we bought year passes for D-Land and its my goal to get my money's worth as far as is possible, specifically going once a month. So we went at the end of September (on the hottest day of forever I think). Here's what we did.
We started in California Adventure Land. When we start at Disneyland, we never seem to make it to CA so we thought we'd go there first. We also wanted to be sure to see what Halloween-ness they had to offer.
While there we met . . .
Adria LOVED Snow White . . . not at all a fan of Dopey
We rode . . .
the bumper cars
the slowest roller coaster in the history of mankind (seriously--old ladies with walkers passed us on this one)
We also went on this up and down ride
We then headed over to the huge Ferris Wheel. I thought I'd be okay since it is fully enclosed, unlike the scary carnival ones. But when I saw the ride stop abruptly to let a little kid off and when he ran to the trash can and barfed, I felt a little bit nervous; and when we entered the car that not only goes around, but also slides, I felt more nervous. The near breaking point for me was when I saw this . . .
I was okay when the wheel started to turn,
but my "nervous mom hand to the knee" quickly came out (as if one hand on Lainey's knee can save her from ferris wheel doom.)
both Lainey and I tried to show pure braveness, but I think our faces tell a different story
We took a break from the heat and enjoyed a showing of Playhouse Disney
Lastly, we headed over to Disneyland to go on the Haunted House. A little birdie told us that it had just reopened it's doors after being closed to get all "Nightmare Before Christmas" decked out. Lainey was so excited and then we saw this . . .
But we thought it a perfect opportunity for a photo anyhow.
It was way too hot so we decided to get the heck out of there (We were going to go on Pirates to cool off, but it was temporarily closed . . . Daddy says, "That's probably 'cause someone barfed." Really? That's too much barf in one day!)
The girls waited patiently for the tram to pick us up to take us to our car.
3 comments:
Kevin and I have had annual passes since we have been married and they are SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!! :D
I'm glad you had fun but from the looks of it you haven't even tapped into the amazingness that those two parks hold!!!!!
Snow White is your favorite princess? Why? I'm with Lainey...Jasmine is way better than Snow White. And to address your question about Mulan...I used to teach swim lessons at the YMCA and there was this little girl that insisted that I call her Mulan, so I'm pretty sure that Mulan was her favorite princess. Also, I used to think that was really wierd, but now my own daughter is constantly insisting that I call her Cinderella or Ariel or someone, so I guess it's normal...right?
Tara-this is off topic BUT I'm having pants issues and then I thought of you and your post on the velcro belt.....where did you get that? I've looked but cant find something that would work that doesn't coast like 30 some dollars! Was it double sided-how did it hook up? Let me know PLEASE! It would truly be a lifesaver.
Post a Comment