Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sea World

Last weekend we were able to use the second of our 2-day Sea World passes. The weather was perfect and the park was empty so it was a great day.

Lainey had her first sleepover the night before so she was exhausted and fell asleep in the car on the way.
Our first stop was to go on the giant elevator that spins in a slow circle.
Adria insisted on sitting on the seat, not on a lap. The view was great--you could see everything!

After we enjoyed the view, Lainey requested that we go see the polar bears. We were excited, but the excitement quickly left when Lainey heard the polar bear recorded noises that play in the exhibit. I think she really thought I would be eaten when I went into the "polar bear cave" Adria wasn't too into it either.

Unfortunately we forgot to stop for lunch before we got to the park so after the polar bear fiasco we headed over to Mama Mia's for lunch. (I do not recommend this joint. Its yuck! But, let's face it, all the Sea World food, except Pineapple Joe's, is sick.) Adgey and Lainey had rigatoni with marinara sauce. Adgey kept getting it all over her face and looked like Dracula.
"I vont to suck your blood."She sure would be a cute vampire . . . if one night she floated up to my room, tapped on my window and said, "Open the window, open the window!" I definitely would open the window.

Lainey decided to stick out her tongue at one point.
and Adria mimicked her
so did mommy . . . kind of

Adria, exhausted by our lame-ness, put her head down in exasperation.
(Side note: this is a normal occurrence. She often puts her head down in exasperation. That or she lies down in the spot that she's standing. She doesn't cry or yell, she just lies down on her belly and ignores us. Nothing says, "You're really dumb" like a 1-year old laying on her belly completely ignoring you.)
)

After lunch we headed to the seals and sea lions.
Daddy bought some smelly fishies to feed to them.
(Adgey would have tried one if we let her. That's why daddy's holding her hand like that.)
Lainey and Adria LOVED the Sea Lions.


Next was the Shamu show. It was hard to contain the dance moves with all that music and excitement. I am happy to say that Lainey got most of her moves from her mommy.

And as if that wasn't enough . . .

Pretty sweet moves, I know.
(I have to give credit where credit is due . . . Aunt Alison taught me most of those moves . . . one is called "shake the beans." Thanks Alison!)

Adria was so excited to see Shamu and Shamu and Shamu (there were three of them, I don't know their names!) do all their tricks. She especially liked the music and when Shamu splashes everyone.


We then rode a gondola over mission bay and discussed the important topic of bird poo. (You really see a lot of bird poo at Sea World especially when you are at the bird's eye level.)
Afterward daddy gave Adria a shoulder ride.

She loves these as you can see.

We then headed to my fave place, Pineapple Joe's, for a delish Strawberry Funnel Cake.
I was so excited
Not feeling so excited anymore.

While I ate (and ate and ate) my funnel cake delight, Lainey and Adria danced on the stage.

Mommy asked Daddy if he could keep the vids short . . . no one wants to watch a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong vid. So, here's the vids he took.



Thanks Daddy.

He did take some good ones too.

Here's Adgey showing off a move that I think mommy taught her

Mommy also lays down quite a bit when all else fails.

Here's some sweet Lainey moves. Mommy did not teach her these moves.



We had a great day at Sea World! And guess what . . . the upgrade to "all of 2010" price was so insanely cheap that we are official season pass holders. So we'll be back! (But we'll remember to stop and eat first . . . seriously such gross food!)



2 comments:

Krissa said...

You did not tell me you are season pass holders! Now that you're going to be down in my neck of the woods all the time, you're going to have to visit. Maybe we'll get passes too and just stalk you and go every time you're going.

J.D. Park said...

Wow, it looks like you have a little Elaine Benes on your hands. Make sure you nurture that. She has a rare gift.