Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ode to Adria

Adria is almost ONE . . . and she finally had her first tooth push through TODAY!!! It's just the top ridge, but it's something!

Can you see it in there? (her bottom left)

She has also mastered saying and waving "hi." What she hasn't mastered yet is saying hi and waving only once. When daddy got home today she said it for about 10 minutes over and over again!



A few weeks ago Adria had her first banana. She has since realized that baby food doesn't hold a candle to real food. Among her favorites are egg potato, pizza crust, and waffles!

Here's a video of her enjoying her first banana


and some pics depicting that same incident
She obviously felt VERY liberated by the whole experience!

I thought that if she loved bananas so much, then peaches would be a real hit. What I didn't count on was the aftermath. I had to give her a full bath and change her clothes after this one!

Adria also loves Ritz crackers and graham crackers. Here is a vid of her gumming a graham cracker to death! Her new tooth will definitely come in handy!



We sure love this little girl! She is so different from her sister, but has such a fun personality (and that's not to say she's not a cutie . . . those chubby cheeks are super and she's got those beautiful blue eyes).

Except when Shandee does her hair . . .
. . . her cuteness suffers a little bit with hair like that.

Here's a sampling of what our car rides sound like. Lainey and I usually join in the yelling fun too. Adria loves to yell! We think its funny.



She's also just so busy . . . I clean up, she cleans out! She was pulling all her food off the shelves.


Such a CUTE GIRL!!! I do think she is one of the funniest babies I have ever known. She makes us laugh all the time with her babbling, yelling, and overall sweet, but firm, personality. It sure is fun to have her in our family!
We love you Adge!

2 comments:

SG said...

I especially love how GIGANTIC you made my legs look in these photos. Man, once I saw those I couldn't think about the rest anymore. I guess the hour on the tread was reallllllyyyyyy needed. Now what was your post actually about again???

JBSquared said...

I don't know how you can stand all that cuteness at your house. It must be overwhelming. :)