Monday, July 13, 2009

Disneyland: The Conclusion

To end our D-land trip, Lainey and I went on the Rocket Ride
and got souvenirs

Our last ride was the train that goes to each land (and through the Land of the Dinosaurs). When we got off, we started to head to the Winnie the Pooh ride (on Megan's suggestion) but when I stopped to talk to Lainey, I found that she had fallen asleep. So I figured we needed to leave before she was too far into dreamland. We went to the bathroom, got a couple more souvenirs, went back to our car on the tram and headed out. And guess what . . . she didn't fall asleep one time! Not on the way to the car, not in the car, not on the drive home! In fact, she didn't even go to bed until about 10:30pm that night! Man, we could have stayed longer!

So my final take on D-Land:

All in all we had a wonderful time and are so glad that Jackie invited us! One of my favorite parts was leaving the stroller (btw Disneyland rental strollers are REALLY good! I loved it!) everywhere and anywhere with all our stuff in it and nothing was stolen.

As Lainey and I left I felt so sad to be going and I realized that if I could have a life of backdrops and characters that can wave but not talk (except for princesses who tell you that you are a pretty princess too) then my life would be bliss! I am a true believer in Disneyland now! In fact, I have planned 3 trips (one on each of our B-Days--free entrance, what's better?) in the next few months! Disneyland, YOU WIN!!!


P.S. a little advice for those of you directionally challenged . . .when you leave the Timonen Parking Lot, don't turn right, turn left. That way you can get right on the freeway and NOT go up some street that takes you right past Angels' Stadium where they are having a baseball game so it takes you an hour to go .8 miles! Just a little something that I wish I knew!

1 comment:

JBSquared said...

Wow - what a fun day! And great pictures! I think my favortie is the surfer girl. :) We took the boys to d-land for the first time recently and they LOVED it! Did so much better than I thought they would - not one single tantrum! I am hoping we can try CA Adventures soon - they would absolutely flip over that playhouse disney show. :)