The answer is that I ALWAYS dress my baby like a sumo-wrestler . . . at least for the next 12 weeks. And she's obviously THRILLED about it! (Actually she's crying in these pics because she has no balance control with this on and fell backwards while sitting--maybe she needs a head harness too!) We went in for a follow-up today for Adria's hips and apparently something snapped in my psyche because I was completely unprepared for the results. Me, the one who believes that always expecting the worst is the way to go ('cause then you won't be disappointed) had 100% confidence that Adria's hips were fine and we would never return to this Dr. again. So much for optimism! Her hips needed to have a degree under 30 to be developing correctly. Her right hip has always been fine-25 degrees. Her left hip was 29-30 the first time we went in, hence the disabled frog look that she sported for a few months. In January we went back and yippee, the harness did the trick--25 on both sides. BUT today we find her left is back at 30 degrees. Darn you geometry! Darn you hips! Darn you optimism! The Dr. said that it could be a result of a poor x-ray (but that the x-ray really did look good) or that it really could be that she's negatively progressing (not my kids! I will not stand for that! . . . apparently neither will Adria if her hips don't get on the ball . . . literally . . . Darn you hip ball!) So, in the end the doctor gave me the choice--put her back in a harness or wait for 3 months, reevaluate, and HOPE it was a bad x-ray! Well, the responsible (and sad) part of me went with the harness again . . . but I did ask the Dr. for her approval to only have her in it while she sleeps. They tell me that she would relearn to crawl, stand, and sit in it and I know they are right, but still. So, 12 weeks of "closet sumo" is what we have going on here. Good times!!!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Excuse me ma'am, is it halloween or do you always dress your baby like that?
The answer is that I ALWAYS dress my baby like a sumo-wrestler . . . at least for the next 12 weeks. And she's obviously THRILLED about it! (Actually she's crying in these pics because she has no balance control with this on and fell backwards while sitting--maybe she needs a head harness too!) We went in for a follow-up today for Adria's hips and apparently something snapped in my psyche because I was completely unprepared for the results. Me, the one who believes that always expecting the worst is the way to go ('cause then you won't be disappointed) had 100% confidence that Adria's hips were fine and we would never return to this Dr. again. So much for optimism! Her hips needed to have a degree under 30 to be developing correctly. Her right hip has always been fine-25 degrees. Her left hip was 29-30 the first time we went in, hence the disabled frog look that she sported for a few months. In January we went back and yippee, the harness did the trick--25 on both sides. BUT today we find her left is back at 30 degrees. Darn you geometry! Darn you hips! Darn you optimism! The Dr. said that it could be a result of a poor x-ray (but that the x-ray really did look good) or that it really could be that she's negatively progressing (not my kids! I will not stand for that! . . . apparently neither will Adria if her hips don't get on the ball . . . literally . . . Darn you hip ball!) So, in the end the doctor gave me the choice--put her back in a harness or wait for 3 months, reevaluate, and HOPE it was a bad x-ray! Well, the responsible (and sad) part of me went with the harness again . . . but I did ask the Dr. for her approval to only have her in it while she sleeps. They tell me that she would relearn to crawl, stand, and sit in it and I know they are right, but still. So, 12 weeks of "closet sumo" is what we have going on here. Good times!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor thing - that STINKS! And let this be a lesson to you - never get your hopes up. (That's what life has taught me.) Well, hope it goes by quick for you and that the next Dr. visit is a better one!
Bummer! You are a better mom than me...I think I would have gambled on the three month thing...
I'm sorry sister. She's still so darn cute though. I like that you called her a "Closet Sumo" very funny, and sad, all at the same time.
Oh no! Poor thing. I hope it will improve. It is the new look for little babies didn't you know, just check out the tabloids:))) Good luck. Time to get together again, call or we will call you!
That stinks! Poor Adria. Even in a harness she is adorable, just remind yourself of that as she is screaming when you force her chubby little legs into that torture device. Stupid doctors!
Post a Comment