When Lainey thinks, she taps her chin, as seen in this short video clip.
She is thrilled to have her Aunt Shandee back and therefore has to sit with the Goulding's each Sunday in Sacrament Meeting. She can get a bit loud. Last Sunday whilst the Sacrament was being passed, she was talking and I told her she needed to think about Jesus. So, she started doing her chin tap. She was really into thinking when Megan leaned over to say something and Lainey said, "BE QUIET MEGAN!!! I AM THINKING ABOUT JESUS!!!!" Needless to say, she didn't whisper. So much for reverence.
Today we were in the same situation. I reminded her that she needed to think about Jesus. She started the chin tap, but it didn't last long. When I heard her start talking again, I reminded her again as to what she was supposed to be doing. When I turned around she exclaimed to Shandee, "I ran out of Jesus words to think! I can't think of anymore!!!"
So, instead of thinking reverently, she began playing with the silly putty that Shandee provided the kids. Megan was playing with some too and Megan was squishing it and it was getting bubble stuck in it so as she squished it, it was making noises. "Shandee, STOP TOOTING!!!" was Lainey's reply. She said this two or three times in a "yell-whisper."
So, I think in the end we came out on top . . . Lainey is very reverent (or at least trying to be), Megan is not (at least according to Lainey's reprimanding). And Shandee has bad gas! Ha Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That really was very funny! But now 2 benches of people think I just sit in Sacrament Meeting and fart. That's so wrong . . . but true. JUST KIDDING, it's FALSE! TOTALLY FALSE! Thank Heavens JOE wasn't sitting by us all today, that would have been TRAGIC and I'm certain he would have mentioned it at my funeral one day. Silly Lainey, the silly putty just makes those crazy sounds!!
I think the truth is that you actually DO sit in church and fart all day . . . you just started to bring to silly putty to play the "blame game." What's next? Old raw chicken? "No, I didn't fart--the sound is this silly putty and the smell is just this bag of old raw chicken in my purse!" YOU ARE GROSS AND DISGUSTING!
I always assumed it was Ryan. My mistake.
That is TOO funny! I always ask Eldon if he is thinking about Jesus when they pass the sacrament, and he always nods his head. Then I wonder what the heck he is really thinking about. Probably "hey! send some of those bread snacks this way, buddy!"
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Old raw, rotted chicken?? Don't be surprised if a flaming bag of old, raw, rotted chicken is flung at your house now . . .
Post a Comment