Monday, March 23, 2009

Lainey: A little bit of Papa, a little bit of Mama

So, Lainey's looks may be a "photocopy of her daddy" as so many people tell us, but she got a lot of her guts (fortunately or unfortunately) from her Mommy. She (sadly) has my worries : "Mama, is this water old? We should smell it." (Yes, I smell my water . . . water in water bottles that have been opened. If they have been open and out too long, ewww, not good.) But on a happier note, she also got my memory. (Or maybe that's not great either since I remember all those that have wronged me--Mr. Plesnik I am still mad at you for that comment in the 5th grade.)

Anyway, back to Lainey. We have a CD of primary music for this year. My hope was to have her hear the songs at home, not just in primary, so that she could pick up some of the words so she could sing at least a little in the primary program. This is the result. Note: we only play this CD at Family Home Evening once a week.

Not for Primary, but she really wanted to sing Ring Around the Rosies


I Lived in Heaven


How Firm a Foundation


Our Father Has a Family

3 comments:

JBSquared said...

Wow - this is amazing! I can't believe she can remember so many words! And she stays on pitch so well, too. Pretty impressive for such a little thing. I think you've got some natural musical talent on your hands, there.

We just ordered those CDs for the boys as an Easter present. I hope they love it as much as Lainey!

By the way, I love her interpretation of the word "refuge". So cute!

SG said...

Okay, because my day has been in the toilet, okay, let's say "Days" I can't even comment on this. It makes me too sad. So, I'll save it for another day . . .

Danya said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA How firm a foundation was totally my favorite! I was playing it and my 17 year old brother was all "I can sing it better then that!" He couldn't get past the first line before he forgot the words. Then my Dad goes off into this rant about how my brother doesn't even know the song but a 3 year old girl can sing the whole first verse. LOL