So, Brittany G. knows hair. She was here and I decided my daily ponytail needed to go so I opted for a cut and color (which I LOVE--fabulous job!!!). However, I also saw that her list of services included waxing. Yeah, she's got the normal eyebrow, bikini, armpit, etc, etc. But she also waxes noses. I have some wild nose hair problems so I thought, "sign me up!" I mean who actually gets their nose waxed? (A lot of people I found out . . . including the whole Gray family.) I figured that a nose waxing would entail waxing the hair that is poking out of the nose using a teensy bit of wax. Boy howdy, was I wrong!!! Nose waxing means you will have a naked nose--a very naked nose. They cover a stick with wax and shove the whole thing up there. Here is a video that Scott shot of me so we could have a great memory of this moment. I have never been waxed before so it was a truly eye popping experience for me.
What you don't see here is that I had to have another bit of nose waxing after this first bought. Thankfully it wasn't as scary. However, because of that second stick pull out during round one, I was really nervous. The sticks were in my nose for a while "drying" as Brittany was prepping my brow wax. Finally I had to tell her that I was so nervous about the nose sticks that I was sweating on my upper lip. Well, turns out, I wasn't upper-lip sweating . . . my nose was running and without hair, there's nothing to catch it so it was just dripping out. Ahhh, the things we do for nose beauty!
What I really liked was that once all was said and done I left and on my way home, I realized that I had left my phone at their house. I went back and knocked and rang the doorbell and nothing. I knew that Brittany was there since I had only left 1 minute earlier, but nothing. Finally, she came to the door with a piece of paper in front of her face. When she saw it was just me, she lowered the paper to reveal a popsicle stick hanging out of her nose as she needed to get a little nose waxing herself. We had a good laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
You are the best blogger ever! That was fantastic! Next time, can she use Dr. Zogg's Sex Wax? It smells like coconut.
Mmmmm, coconut! the wax didn't really have a smell, but the stuff I had to wipe on later to get off the rogue wax that stayed stuck in and on my nose did smell of coconut and I enjoyed that!
You are too hilarious for words.
I threw up a little in my mouth when Scott showed the stick. HURL! I think I'll just stick with the nh trimmer I use :) Anyways, I have to agree with Shelli, you are the best blogger ever! Now, when do we get to see you new hair cut and color?
Only you Tara! That video was hilarious! Oh I felt your pain that second time, OUCH! I don't think I am ever gonna do that. Oh by the way...what a beautiful hairless nose hole LOL
That was gross...did you really have to show the stick with the hair on it? We made it a family event and all viewed the video. After the first one Rick thought it didn't seem too bad...but after the 2nd one he changed his mind. And Charlotte kept pointing and saying "Mommy" and finally I got her to believe me that it was Tara and not Mommy. Good show though. :)
After watching that video, I think I may never get my nose waxed. Oh, and your hair looked really good when I saw it on Sunday.
I want my nose waxed!
Can I just say you are the ONLY person I know who would not only admit to waxing her nose hair (which btw I had no idea was even an option), but then provide video documentation as well. I was seriously laughing so hard! I hope you'll show us at least a pic of your new hair too. Thanks for the laugh!
Okay. You and the Gray family are SO busted! Do you know that I have a pile of barf at the top of my throat? That was SICK AND WRONG!!! I couldn't even watch it! That was HORRIBLE! I'm so grossed out and sick and scared.
Oh, and I want to make it know that I DO NOT own a jumpsuit NOR do I have nose hairs that hang out OR need to be waxed. I will not be getting in on any of that action even though I sure love Brittney (spelling?) tons and tons!
Seriously, that whole video was wrong! WRONG WRONG WRONG!
I am seriously crying and rolling on the floor laughing and Aaron is really concerned-asking, "are you okay mommy?"
okay so one more comment...had to watch again and this time aaron watched well sorta....he started to but then he kept say, "I don't like that, turn it off, what happened to her? turn it off!! ME don't like that" Yea, think my son is going to have nightmare of you and your nose hairs!
AND this really reminds me of the time we waxed Ang's stomache. Do you remember that?
That's a my girl!
Only you tara. Only you, LOL.
Post a Comment