Monday, September 21, 2009

Velcro Belt

You know when you see something awesome and simple like Jamba Juice or Snuggie and you think, "Man, I wish I would have thought of that! I could be a millionaire!" These are the kinds of ideas that are cooked up in someone's kitchen or garage and it seems like pure luck when they take off . . . why don't I have that kind of luck? I actually always DO think of these great ideas . . . just a little late. (Like when I'm standing in line to order my Jamba or wrapped in my Snuggie--"Wow, I have a great idea for a blankie with sleeves! Oh wait, darn.")

Well, I am a sideline stander no more! I have met my 1-billion dollar idea!

The Velcro Belt.
Yes, you heard it here first--

Belt. Velcro.

A spiral ball of goodness.

Shandee and Liana laughed in my face when I told them that I had been wearing the velcro belt for over a month. But alas, its true . . . I will never go back to a regular belt again. (Except it seems my velcro belt has gone missing . . . personally, I think it was stolen and probably by Liana or Shandee . . . so I am forced to just let my pants hang. Don't blame me for my undies hanging out--blame my sissy!)

How did I come up with such a wise invention . . . its simple really . . .

I was once again lacing the regular belt, the regular belt that once again was almost ripped to smithereens from pulling too tight and wearing too often (and I paid a good $14 for that thing!). I bought the thinnest, smallest belt that I could find. (You must have the thinnest, smallest possible belt because, of course, when you wear a belt, it shows this crazy bump through your shirt and people think "Wow, does that girl have a really herniated belly button or what?" No peeps, its just my belt buckle. So, as a means of hiding the unsightly "belt-buckle-bulge" I tried to go smaller, but let's face it, the bulge is still there. No belt can hide the buckle-bulge.

Enter: Velcro Revelation

Velcro! Of course! Then there's no belt buckle to contend with. Not to mention that the adjusting is fabulous--no more making a new belt hole when there's not enough--just velcro tighter or looser. Sure, I snag the occasional sock or someone else's shirt, but what better way to meet a stranger "Oh, sorry, your shirt/sock/panty hose is stuck to my belt! What's your name by the way? Would you like to be my friend?" And laundry clean-up is a snap . . . just put on the velcro belt, roll around in the clothes, and voila, all the laundry is now at the convenient level of your waist, attached to your velcro belt.

I really am lost without it. Just listen to how it has benefited me so far:

1. My pants start out fitting just right in the morning, but seem to grow throughout the day and before you know it--"panny" central! No problem--now I just tighten my velcro!

2. What about when I eat a big lunch and need some extra room? No problem, loosening the velcro is a cinch!

3. Once, at the beginning of my velcro belt days, I was doing a craft project and needed something to fasten something to my project . . . velcro was the perfect solution. So, using a pair of scissors, I just cut off some of my belt. BooYah--project finished!

Not to mention, its small and compact to store. Just look at this
that's even smaller than the patty you get on a McDonald's cheeseburger . . . and those are small! Its silver dollar small, its hopscotch medallion small, its Dr. Office (x2) lollipop small. Just roll and store. Its so small that you could have it one day, enjoying all its possibilities, and then
POOF!
The next day its gone!

Look, I know I'll eventually find mine.
My question is, "When are you gonna find yours?"

8 comments:

JBSquared said...

I have heard about the infamous velcro belt and I think it is, in fact, a million dollar idea. Now it's time to start thinking up the accessories so you can do the infomercials..."just think - ALL this for only $19.99!" :) I'm thinking maybe some attachments for your cell phone, car keys, children...

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

WOW! That is all I can say! You are amazing! I would totally buy a velcro belt :> Whats up with my name??? I laughed so hard with the dinner post, Lainey is hilarious!

Danya said...

Complete awesomeness. I would so buy it as I too hate the belt buldge!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You know I think I make actually buy this product! you make a reasonable argument! go Tara! :D

Tara said...

Liana W, I was referring to Liana R as the belt disser, not you! I know you wouldn't guffaw at such a smart idea! I miss you . . . let's hang out.

SG said...

BEST POST EVER!!! And no, I didn't take it, but I wish I did. Check Liana's sassy jeans because I bet she's got it! I think it's brilliant and I thought you said Butch had a huge roll of it so you could hook us all up . . . doesn't he!?!? You rock.

Sled Family said...

you crack me up!!! I'm sold!

LianaBanana said...

It has been really fun hanging out with you guys lately. I am not sure if you noticed that it was around this time that your belt disappeared, coincidence? I just ate a big dinner, I guess I should loosen my belt...