
So we made it there and back all in one piece (for the most part). Tara and I continue to be amazed at how lucky we are to have Lainey. More than 7 hours on the road one way and Lainey just took it lying down... literally. She hardly leet out a peep. In fact she slept most of the time we were in the car. But being the socialite she is, she was sure to be the center of attention just about everywhere we went. As all babies do, she draws a lot of admirers... and she LOVES the attention.
Noteworthy Tucson Events (Photos):Sure it's a dump and full of croneys and one visit to the restroom might bless you with any number of communal viruses that will stay with you for the rest of your natural life, but who can resist!?! What other movie theater can you go to and see the most current movies (double features of course!), where you can talk as much as you want, make fun of the movie or the other viewers who just can't seem to find the "perfect" spot, where you don't have to worry about your crying baby, where mom can "feed" the baby without leaving the show... and all of that for only FIVE BUCKS! As a bonus, it always makes for interesting conversation afterwards where people are more interested in hearing about the drive-inn itself and not the movie. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the downside!
This was more for Dad, but I like to believe that deep down Lainey loved it too! Although we didn't get to see Pauly Shore, the tour was quite entertaining. At this point it's not much more than an oversized green house, but the science behind it is really cool. I know, I know... I'm a big geek!
Up until this point Tara and I had well to keep ourselves outside the chicken pox quarantine zone. The baptism was the only time we really got close. It was awsome and we're all very proud of Symmony. (And I use that word specifically because I love to stick it to those people in the church who say you shouldn't be "proud" of anything). The highlight for me (besides the baptism itself) was after Symmony's confimation she gave me a sneak-attack hug. None of this shake your hand stuff, it was all about the love. I wouldn't expect anything less from Symm.
These plays have become a mandatory stop for us, this being our 3rd one we attended. (Lainey's First of course). While I can't say it was the best of the three we've seen, I think I can safely say that everyone had a good time. I would still suggest it to anyone who might spend any time there at all.
Anyway, that about sums it up. Please forgive the typos and grammer, I didn't proof read any of this.
Remember the username and password for any page of my blog is:
username:
wuehlerpassword:
wuehler
No comments:
Post a Comment